Help with the Harvest
This page lists a variety of resources like a glossary of writing terms, grammar definitions, free-writing ideas, & even help for those with learning challenges.
When you free-write, it means you can write about any subject of your choice. Sometimes, students need some ideas to get them started. Here a few:
Help for students with learning challenges
There are several strategies that can be used to help a challenged writer:
1. Use of concrete objects, pictures, or other graphics ----->
2. Allow student to dictate essay - to a recording device or another person who acts as a scribe.
3. Present work in smaller segments - frequent breaks
4. Provide additional repetition/practice of items before moving on.
5. Use a highlighter to bring out important details